AIF's long term goal is to increase access to capital for Arkansas businesses. As our team works toward this goal, we are proud of AIF's successes along the way:
- Through September 2014, AIF has made 10 commitments to venture capital firms totalling more than $33 million.
- AIF's portfolio venture firms have closed 28 deals within Arkansas and have visited with businesses across the state.
- AIF portfolio venture firms are and have been actively engaged in building Arkansas' entrepreneurial ecosystem. They:
- Sponsor and participate in the Arkansas Venture Forum, UAMS Capital Roundtable, and other meetings
- Co-lead the UAMS intellectual property review process
- Teach business-building workshops for UAMS students and faculty
- Develop seminars for entrepreneurs in rural Arkansas
Through the good work of AIF and its portfolio venture firms, over time the state can expect to enjoy a marked increase in quality jobs, a significant growth in its capital base and a sound economy where small business growth is robust.